DeNardi – Wright Friendly Games
For the past 3 years, the U5 through U8 MCYSA Spring soccer season has concluded with the DeNardi-Wright Friendly Games. This year that tradition will continue and the games will be hosted on June 21, 2014 at the MCYSA Soccer Complex. Information about this event is listed below.
MCYSA's goal is for all of the Spring 2014 teams to participate. However, the event is not mandatory, so, total participation will likely not be the case. With that being said, if your child's team chooses not to participate in the games or if your child is not on a Spring 2014 team but participated during the Fall 2013 season, you can register your child individually by sending an email to the event coordinator with the player's name, player's birthdate, player's gender, and parent contact information. Once your email is received, you will be contacted by the coach of the team to which your player has been assigned. Further informaton about individual player registration is listed below.
Some basic information regarding the games:
- Each MCYSA 2014 Spring season team who registers to participate shall be required to make a Fifty Dollar ($50.00) entrance fee payable to (MCYSA). This fee is nonrefundable - if the tournament is cancelled due to inclement weather an attempt will be made to reschedule.
- Individual players who registered in the U5 through U8 divisions with MCYSA during the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 seasons are eligible to participate. MCYSA Spring 2014 participating players must remain on their current team's roster. If a player's current team does not enter the games or the player is not currently on a MCYSA roster, that player must register individually by emailing the event coordinator, Andy Wharton, at email@example.com and he will place them on a team. Individually registered players will be placed on an existing team or if numbers allow, a new team will be created. (Individual players must be added by the event coordinator, not by existing team coaches)
- Each Individually registered player shall be required to make a Ten Dollar ($10.00) entrance fee payable to (MCYSA). This fee is nonrefundable - if the tournament is cancelled due to inclement weather an attempt will be made to reschedule.
- All games will be played at the MCYSA - "For the Kids" Soccer Complex on June 21st, 2014.
- All players/teams/coaches/fans shall adhere to the general posted rules of MCYSA.
- Each individual player is responsible for his/her own drink, snack, meal, etc.
- This is an all day tournament so prepare accordingly. The concession stand at the MCYSA complex will be open during the tournament.
- The tournament is scheduled for June 21st. So, it will probably be hot, dress and prepare accordingly.
- If lightning or severe weather is present, all games shall be postponed until at least twenty (20) minutes after the last lightning in the area or the severe weather has passed. If lightning/severe weather persists, the tournament will be cancelled.
- The game schedules will be determined based on the number of participating teams and will be distributed in the days leading up to the Event.
- Each team participating shall have a minimum of six (6) players and a maximum of eight (8) players.
- The game official will keep the clock and control the flow of the game.
- Each game shall be twenty-six (26) minutes long - it will consist of two (2), twelve (12) minute halves and a two (2) minute half time. There will be four (4) minutes between games. So, please be sure to have your team warmed up and ready to play when the prior game concludes.
- The game clock shall run throughout the game.
- Coaches should attempt to permit equal playing time for all players.
- All substitutions shall be made during a stoppage of play (i.e. ball out of bounds, end of half, goal scored).
- Players who are not on the field should remain on their respective bench during the game.
- NO GOALIES.
- No off-sides will be called.
- No defensive player shall be permitted to stand within the crease (semicircle) in front of their goal unless an offensive player with the ball is within three (3) feet of that defender. If a team has a player standing within the crease (semicircle) acting as goalie, that team will receive a warning - a second warning will result in a turnover with offensive team restarting the ball via corner kick.
- No player (offense or defense) shall be permitted within the crease (semicircle) during throw-ins or corner kicks.
- Throw-ins shall restart from out-of-bounds. Improper throw-ins will result in a turnover to the other team (who shall restart from the location of the violation with a throw-in).
- No goals from kickoff - the ball must touch another player following kickoff before a goal may be scored.
- No direct kicks - even for penalties.
- The ball must be placed on the crease (semicircle) for goal kicks.
- All teams/players/coaches must exhibit good sportsmanship. Similarly, all teams/players/coaches shall exhibit respect for the officials and adhere to their calls. No protests by coaches will be recognized or tolerated.
- Fouls will be called. Two yellow cards equal a red. A red card shall result in the ejection of that player for the remainder of the game in which the red card was received and for the following game (i.e. if a player gets a red card in game 1, that player is out for the rest of game 1 and for game 2). COACHES - explain to your kids the consequences of yellow / red cards!
- No slide tackles.
- Coaches are NOT permitted on the field during game play; provided, a coach may enter onto the field to attend to an injured player.
Each team shall wear the uniform they wore during the regular season or a uniform of the same color. Teams may alter their uniforms as they see fit (i.e. put names on the back, decorate them, etc.) However, a team may choose to purchase alternate colored uniforms, but must first obtain permission from the event coordinator. This will prevent two teams of identical color playing each other.
Would you or a business/organization you know like to set up a table during the Event? This is a great opportunity for getting the word out and show your support for the community. The cost is $10 for for-profit businesses and free to non-profits.
If you have any questions, please contact the event coordinator, Andy Wharton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-641-0953).
HAVE RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN!
© 2014 LeaguePro, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site created by LeaguePro Inc.